Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Spuds

Day 244   September 12th Sometimes it feels like all I write about and photograph are failures.  They're not a true representation of the garden. We have tomatoes and yams for Africa and enough herbs to make exotic teas for all of Welly Point, but I can't take pictures of each tomato.  It's the mistakes that are most interesting, if less satisfying. Anyway these potatoes were not a mistake.  The bottom styrofoam container contained these plus a couple more.  Not a bad yield for one box.  Pity about the top floor.  Next time I will just plant each box seperately.  Bungalows rather than highrise.  Because I grow so few I make a fuss of them when we eat them. These were boiled with mint, served with butter and a sprinkle of black pepper and eaten with boiled eggs and avocado. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment