Monday, October 31, 2011

Tomato Soup

Day 300 October 27th
Ingredients
1 chopped onion
1 chopped carrot
2 chopped garlic cloves
olive oil
750g tomatoes
1litre vegetable stock
1 cup of water.(the recipe actually calls for a tin of tomatoes in addition.  Seemed all wrong to me;  to find a recipe for fresh tomatoes and then add a can of them.  So I didn't,  and it tasted very tomato-y. It also used chicken stock instead of vegetable stock.  I often find that too sweet so I switched.)
  1. Heat the oil and saute the onion, carrot and garlic for 5 minutes.
  2. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes
  3. Add the stock and water and bring to the boil.
  4. Simmer for 30 minutes.
  5. Puree the mix. ( I strain it instead. I much prefer the texture and the remaining pulp can be used as a sauce with spaghetti at the next meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment