Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Salt

Day 19  January 30th
A couple of weeks ago our pool began telling us that it was hungry for salt. Unfortunately it had to remain hungry or thirsty as none of the pools shops had any stock left, and the floods meant that none could get through.  Later when some salt became available, it was sequestered by the government for essential services.  So the salt that is finally available to us has come from Lake Deborah in Western Australia and is very expensive.  The local franchisee complains that the franchiser still takes his huge percentage and all the coast is born by him and us.  This caused me to wonder just why people buy franchises. MacDonalds I understand. Open it and they will come.  But Poolwerx? I don't give a hoot what the name of my local pool shop is.  I just want convenience and service.  They could call it Elephants in Tutus.  If they hand over the salt with a smile and carry it to the car, they have my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment