Sunday, February 13, 2011

Shrubbery

Day 33   February 13th
When we re-did the garden I planted a few lavender bushes and a brunfelsia on the edge of the deck.  The neighbours are friendly so we didn't feel the need to completely screen ourselves off from them. However, when they started to travel they rented their unit out to visitors.  Being on holiday they were partial to lingering breakfasts on their deck just when I wanted to swim laps.  They were English, so they just pretended I wasn't there.  When I called hello they looked as if I had scaled the embankment and crawled onto their deck.  I was definitely invading their space by acknowledging that they were there.  So I decided to grow a screen.  The brunfelsia had hardly grown at all since we planted it, so I added some lillipillies and watered them diligently. They grew quite quickly, but so did the brunfelsia now that I was watering. They can grow quite quickly;they just need water.  So now I have a crowded little shrubbery.

No comments:

Post a Comment