Monday, December 19, 2011

Pumpkin Seeks Home

Day 346    December 14th Once again a free lance pumpkin has chosen to settle in my garden.  This one had chosen well.  The bed is empty and not really allocated for anything for a while.  I thought I'd give it a rest.
  But this year I want to grow butternut pumpkins and if this one were allowed to grow the supply of pumpkins would far outstrip the demand. So I have left it just long enough for a tiny pumpkin to form so I can check what kind it is.  It's clearly not a butternut so it will have to go.
This goes very much against my instincts.  Anything edible or pretty that can survive, usually gets a chance.  This time I am being ruthless. Who's in charge of this garden anyway.  (Who am I kidding?)  But I refuse to be dictated to by a pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment