Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gardener Needed

Day17  January28th
I've been so busy being mindful of and photographing my garden that I fear I may have been neglecting to take care of it.  As I walk around it is telling me that it is time to do some actual gardening, and in particular some weeding. Rain plus sunshine = weeds.  These are particularly nasty.  They're not ugly. In fact they may have been planted as a ground cover by neighbours.  They send out shoots under the soil.  When they are small they pull out easily.  As they grow they become tougher and develop prickles.  These will require heavy gloves to pull them out.  I may even need to clip them.  They are very strong.
 The moral is vigilence. A few weeks ago  this would have been a bend and pull as I walk by job.

No comments:

Post a Comment